What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Business Relationship Data
We process personal data that we receive from you as part of our business relationship, i.e., during the initiation, implementation and execution of the contract for the product or service you purchased or personal data that we collect about you in connection with the use of the product or service. We also process data that you voluntarily provide to us, including while attending tradeshows or through our web forms or surveys.
Additionally, we process personal data we received from third party websites in case you fill out a form from one of our advertisements for example to receive a download or sign up for a newsletter.
Browsing our sites
By browsing our websites, you provide us with automatic information. The term “Automatic Information” is information automatically collected by our web server that your web browser makes available whenever you visit one of our websites. The browsing data we collect includes the website you are accessing, the time and duration of your visit, the pages you have visited, your searches and temporarily, your IP address as well as the items you have added to your cart, if applicable. Your IP address is used to identify the city of from which you are accessing the site as well as the company to which the IP address has been registered. We use browsing data of our users for creating aggregated statistics, to learn what is of interest to users in order to improve various aspects of our websites and to provide services like troubleshooting, and to recognize users who have already visited our websites in order to customize their website experiences for their future visits. We also use the browsing data to study traffic patterns and maintaining or restoring the security of our websites or to detect and correct technical defects and errors.
- Online Services load faster;
- Online Services may be browsed faster;
- Your settings, such as language and time zone, may be saved;
- Security on Online Services is improved since your identity may be verified; and
- Your log-in to secured Online Services is facilitated.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
We pass on your personal data as set forth below:
- Service Providers: We share your personal data with third party service providers who use this data to perform services for us, such as payment processors, hosting providers, marketing technology providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and support providers.
- Legally required: We may disclose your personal data if we are required to do so by law or where it is necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or comply with legal processes.
- Business transfers: We may disclose or transfer personal data as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event.
Please note that we in ensure to enter into adequate data protection agreements with these parties to the extent legally required and in this context safeguard that these recipients agree on technical and organizational measures to protect your data adequately.